- Size: 6″ x 9″
- Pages: 24
- Card stock covers
- High-quality interior paper
- Limited Edition: 300 copies
- Each will be hand signed by me, Dave Dorman
- Price is $20.00 (plus $5 shipping worldwide)
Archive for the Nerd Culture Category
I am considering doing a bunch of character studies–fully rendered pencil drawings–like this one:
for inclusion in my summer sketchbook LEADWORKS. While I have my own favorite characters to draw, I thought I would throw it out to you, my fans, to get some ideas on what you would like to see me draw. If you have suggestions for any character from any media (films, comics, TV, media, etc.) just list them on either of my Facebook Fan Pages in the relevant thread here: http://facebook.com/davedormansstudio
and I will take them under consideration. If I use YOUR suggested character, I will be sure to credit your name with a special thanks on the related page in the new LEADWORKS 2014 book.
Thanks for reading and Happy Hump Day,
- The piece is 9″ x 7″ oil and acrylic on illustration board.
- It is mounted and framed (under UV plexiglass) and ready to hang.
- The price on this piece is $500, including overnight shipping and tracking
- It is available on this page on my website:
- As this is an original painting, there is only one, so the first fan to purchase it from the page gets it.
- The Dark Empire cover featuring the very serious “Dark Luke” figure.
- The first cover to “Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,” which was the cover that got it all going for me with Dark Horse’s licensing.
- And finally, the BATMAN overlooking Gotham from his gargoyle perch, used as a book cover for “The Batman Murders.”
Dear Family & Friends,
I’m wishing all of my family, friends, and fans in North America a happy and warm Thanksgiving. For my friends and fans around the world, I am very thankful that I am blessed to have you all in my life. Thank you for your support of my work over the years, and I hope I can continue to entertain you for many years to come.
For those of you who were interested in ordering the holiday/winter greeting cards, the DEADLINE IS TOMORROW – I can only accept orders through tomorrow to get them to you on time. Here’s the link to order them:
If you want to share your holiday wishes with a Dorman greeting card hand-signed by me, now’s the time to order! (I did discover some Dungeons & Dragons original art work in my flat files, so I will be posting that online this weekend for your holiday shopping as well.)
Some of you may recall, a year ago, I was literally on death’s door and didn’t realize how critical my post-surgical appendectomy infection really was. I am thankful to my wife Denise, who refused to give up on me despite the idiotic surgeon’s insistence that I was fine after 3 follow-up visits where I was clearly gravely ill, and for for my friend Dr. Sean Murphy and his wife Karen, and my nurse friend Nancy Reilly, who also supported Denise and helped me get the medical attention I really needed. It took 3 months for me to recover and clear the fog from my head, and I am thankful to all of you art directors out there for your patience in waiting for me to heal, and still hiring me for commercial work.
Onward & upwards! Happy Thanksgiving!
Here’s a poster explaining what I’ll be doing tonight – teaching drawing skills to children and pre-teens. If you would like to get some holiday shopping out the way, I will have a table set up for art sales and autographs after the teaching event.