Archive for the WriteBrain Media Category
I will be doing a children’s learn-to-draw teaching demo event with Barnes & Noble in West Dundee, Illinois (Spring Hill Mall) on Friday, November 22nd from 5 – 7 p.m. This is a chance for children ages 5 – 12 to learn “How to Draw Star Wars Art.” I will be presenting this demo and coaching attendees on their drawing skills. If you live in the Chicagoland area and are looking for a really engaged bookstore offering family-friendly events, check out this particular Barnes & Noble.
In other news, I am continuing my pre-holiday sale on my convention Giclee’ prints – just $25, since I won’t be doing any more conventions until 2014, so buy them here: http://www.davedorman.com/dormanartprints.shtml
Here’s the art demo piece I did for Blick Art Supplies last weekend – a zombie Stormtrooper (photography by Kim Evans Worley):
If you’re in the Midwest and looking for a family-friendly comic book convention, Indy PopCon in Indianapolis May 30 – June 1st will be the show to attend. This new show is run by my friend Larry Zore, of Comics Price Guide fame. If you’re an artist or vendor interested in being a part of Indy PopCon, please contact email@example.com. Indianapolis is a really cool city to check out, and they have a wonderful children’s museum there.
Remember to check out the critically acclaimed horror comic “The Other Dead” Issue #2 – it’s getting really fun as the tension builds. Issue #3 will be out soon as well. The Other Dead Issue #1 is sold out and reprints are in transition. The Other Dead Synopsis: Louisiana is Ground Zero for the animal kingdom to become zombified, as a Katrina-like hurricane bears down on Louisiana.
I was pleased to hear that the Joliet Star Wars Day Library Event I’ve been participating in the last three years has grown to become the largest worldwide according to Lucasfilm, so that’s great news for the City of Joliet.
I’m in the throes of clearing out my garage this week and I rediscovered my QVC appearance, so I will be digitizing that to throw online for you to have a good laugh. I also found my WEAR-TV (Pensacola ABC affiliate) appearance on BETA, so I’ll have to find someone to reformat it. I’m still missing my SciFi Channel appearance, so if anyone out there has video of it, I’d like to see it again.
If you have a moment and you haven’t already, please “Like” my Facebook Fan Pages. They are as follows:
Have a great Sunday & thanks for reading,
Chef Timothy Schultz of Wisconsin is now officially on board, so I am pleased to announce we will be having The Dave Dorman Experience: Year Two this April 27th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., which is during (but not endorsed by or connected to) C2E2.
The Dave Dorman Experience: Year Two Package Includes These Exclusives:
- Limousine transportation from McCormick Place (where C2E2 is held) to Dorman’s private residence in the Chicago suburbs
- Swag bag of rare gifts from sponsors and Dorman’s personal archive
- Exclusive event t-shirt designed and signed by Dorman (watch this blog where I’ll post the t-shirt designs)
- Chef Timothy Schultz will be serving hors d’oeuvres and a traditional gourmet Italian meal paired with wines
- Collectors will have an exclusive tour of my studio, collections, and access to my private vault of prints, pencil prelims, and paintings
- Fans will receive an exclusive, live painting demo by me
- One lucky fan will win the pencil prelim from the live demo
- One lucky fan will win the actual painting from my live demo (Note: In the interest of drying time, I will be painting in acrylics rather than oils for this event)
- A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to Elgin Academy and the organization that helps my military family, USACares.org.
The cost to reserve space for this event is $350 per person, limited to a maximum of 10 people. To reserve your space today, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions, along with a list of any dietary restrictions, drink preferences, and most importantly, your shirt size.
To get more details, please “Like” https://Facebook.com/DaveDormanFanPage or check back with me here. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
As always, thank you for reading and a Happy Easter to you!