Since StarWars.com has posted the news and I’m no longer under a gag order, I’m pleased to announce that yes, I am doing the Darth Maul covers for the new Dark Horse series Tom Taylor is writing. He’s a great writer, so you’re sure to be entertained, and as you can see, I’m having a total blast painting these covers! This picture was taken at Acme Design this past Saturday by my friend Thomas James Spanos (a 501st Midwest Garrison member who poses a lot for my Star Wars art):
We are in the final couple of days for bidding on “THE DAVE DORMAN EXPERIENCE” so if you’re in town for C2E2, please bid on #TheDaveDormanExperience if you would enjoy:
- Taking a limo from McCormick Place to my private residence & studio on Saturday, April 14th at 4 p.m. and hanging w/me until 10 p.m.
- Joining me for home-cooked meal by my talented friend Chef Julie
- Seeing me live demo painting a new piece of art
- Having a one-in-six chance of WINNING the painting I create on Saturday night in your presence.
- Receiving an artist’s proof of one of my limited edition prints from my private vault.
- Shopping from my private vault for additional artist’s proofs to fill out your collection of my work.
To my knowledge, this is the first time a comic book artist has ever done such an event, so you’re also making pop culture history by joining in on the fun!
Here are the links to bid on the eBay auction – daylight is burning, so bid today or miss out! http://bit.ly/HuK92P and http://bit.ly/I8ylqm. So far, the winners are coming in from California, Iowa, Texas and Michigan. Join us!
Since many of you are coming into town for C2E2, Rotofugi has graciously offered to host a second “Opening Night” of my Pi Ala Mode one-man gallery show at their gallery in Chicago. I will be there at Rotofugi on Friday, April 13th from 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. if you would like a personalized tour of my one-man show. It’s about a $25 cab ride from McCormick Place, but you can ALSO shop in Rotofugi – the world’s coolest designer toy store while you’re checking out my gallery show, so that’s an added bonus!
I have a major announcement that I’m personally very excited about for C2E2 with limited edition, Japanese kaiju/monster designer toy company MaxToyCo owner Mark Nagata, so once Denise has the press release done, I will post it here.
Thanks, as always, for your interest and support of my work.