Archive for Star Wars
Here’s a poster explaining what I’ll be doing tonight – teaching drawing skills to children and pre-teens. If you would like to get some holiday shopping out the way, I will have a table set up for art sales and autographs after the teaching event.
Much to my surprise, posted on the Facebook 501st Legion Fan Page was a fan and tattoo artist (who was doing tattoos at Celebration in Germany) named Tomi Demolka, who permanently committed my art to his back – in particular, my Star Wars art piece, Lord Vader’s Persuasion of the Outer Rim. I’m sharing his images here – the Tattoo Artist is Sławek Fronczek from Tattoo.pl (Poznan, Poland), and I think he did a terrific job of capturing the art:
I am pleased to announce a July sale of my Dave Dorman limited edition STAR WARS artist proofs prints – 2 prints of your choice for just $100! Here’s the link so you can start shopping:
Enjoy your shopping trip – these are great for birthdays, anniversaries, early Christmas shopping and more!
As always, I thank you for your interest in my work.
Chef Timothy Schultz of Wisconsin is now officially on board, so I am pleased to announce we will be having The Dave Dorman Experience: Year Two this April 27th from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., which is during (but not endorsed by or connected to) C2E2.
The Dave Dorman Experience: Year Two Package Includes These Exclusives:
- Limousine transportation from McCormick Place (where C2E2 is held) to Dorman’s private residence in the Chicago suburbs
- Swag bag of rare gifts from sponsors and Dorman’s personal archive
- Exclusive event t-shirt designed and signed by Dorman (watch this blog where I’ll post the t-shirt designs)
- Chef Timothy Schultz will be serving hors d’oeuvres and a traditional gourmet Italian meal paired with wines
- Collectors will have an exclusive tour of my studio, collections, and access to my private vault of prints, pencil prelims, and paintings
- Fans will receive an exclusive, live painting demo by me
- One lucky fan will win the pencil prelim from the live demo
- One lucky fan will win the actual painting from my live demo (Note: In the interest of drying time, I will be painting in acrylics rather than oils for this event)
- A portion of the proceeds from this event will go to Elgin Academy and the organization that helps my military family, USACares.org.
The cost to reserve space for this event is $350 per person, limited to a maximum of 10 people. To reserve your space today, please email email@example.com for instructions, along with a list of any dietary restrictions, drink preferences, and most importantly, your shirt size.
To get more details, please “Like” https://Facebook.com/DaveDormanFanPage or check back with me here. For sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, thank you for reading and a Happy Easter to you!
Like many of you, I am a fan and collector, just as much as I am a participant in pop culture. To that end, I received this really fun Star Wars Obi-Wan sculpture Thursday from Sideshow Collectibles and I wanted to share it with you in case any of you collect and they’re not sold out already. I bought this piece at SDCC last year, and good things come to those that wait, but this one was 2 months overdue. However, it was worth the wait.
I wanted to take this moment to thank all of you who caught my lightning fast appearances on WGN Morning News in the past couple of weeks, and especially thank all of you who showed up last night for the premiere of Cris Macht’s film, “A Force Within Us,” which granted me more than my share of on-screen time. The DVDs are $20 each and there are a few left, so get your copy now if you can. It was also nice to reconnect with Mark Voss of Post Meridian, who will be helping me out with my online classes, which will be happening sooner than later. Be sure to write to email@example.com to get on the list for my first-ever public offering of online classes and portfolio reviews. Watch for my banner ads on Sandtroopers.com as well.
Finally, my friend Brian Wyrick is very near reaching his Kickstarter goal for his graphic novel, The Henchmen. If he reaches his financial goal, I get to do the cover, which will be a really fun piece, so I look forward to it. A special thanks to Brian for making the 4-hour drive & coming out to the premiere last night, too. That link is here:
As always, thanks for reading.