Happy winter, everyone!! I hope you are not buried in snow where you are. Here in Chicago, the unpleasant stuff is knee deep!
I’m relieved to say that my new studio over the garage is done finally, and I am happy with it overall. It is smaller, but definitely comfortable and there’s plenty of natural light coming in, which is any artist’s wish for his or her studio. During this move, I found a small Captain America piece in my flat files. It was a fun piece I did for a card set in the 1990s ( I wish I could remember which one) that featured my art on a nine-card subset of the “Best of Marvel” characters. I have been a big fan of Cap’s for a long time. Jack Kirby and Jim Steranko were great influences on my love for this character, so no doubt, I was happy to do an action portrait of this favorite hero!
I have decided to put this Captain America art up for sale and share it with some lucky fan.
- The piece is 9″ x 7″ oil and acrylic on illustration board.
- It is mounted and framed (under UV plexiglass) and ready to hang.
- The price on this piece is $500, including overnight shipping and tracking
- It is available on this page on my website:
- As this is an original painting, there is only one, so the first fan to purchase it from the page gets it.
I have also made available a few new prints. These new offers include a couple of pieces that fans have been asking for at shows for a while:
- The Dark Empire cover featuring the very serious “Dark Luke” figure.
- The first cover to “Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis,” which was the cover that got it all going for me with Dark Horse’s licensing.
- And finally, the BATMAN overlooking Gotham from his gargoyle perch, used as a book cover for “The Batman Murders.”
These prints are listed on my “Prints for Sale” webpage here:
Like the others available, they are $20 each.
I will have more news next time featuring an announcement about my Wasted Lands’ RAIL graphic novel! If you’re attending the Angouleme Comics Festival in France this year in February, be sure to look for Mike Kennedy of Magnetic Press, who will be making an announcement there.
As always, I thank you for reading!