Archive for Art
- Signed By Me
- Marked an an A/P (Artist’s Proof).
- I will be happy to personalize the prints for you as well. (You can leave a note on the Paypal purchase form).
- Extra Bonus–As a thank you for all your support over the years, I will add small remarque (original pencil drawing) on every print that is ordered at no extra charge.
- Sent out using Paypal’s shipping, which will include a notification to you of when your order shipped and a tracking number to follow your shipment.
- All orders in the U.S. made before Dec. 19 will get to you before Christmas.
I had the pleasure of doing a new interview about my creator-owned THE WASTED LANDS series with GraphicPolicy.com – this article will give you a good idea of how THE WASTED LANDS got started and where I’m going with it – exciting times are ahead! Here’s that link for you: http://graphicpolicy.com/2014/05/09/interview-dave-dorman-discusses-the-wasted-lands/
Please “Like” my Wasted Lands Facebook Fan Page if you haven’t already. That link is http://facebook.com/davedormanwastedlands
And here’s a link to an article that popped up this morning on Tor.com that included my Batman v. Alien art. As you know, I won my Eisner Award and Bram Stoker Awards for Aliens: Tribes by painting H.R. Giger’s wonderful and imaginative Alien creations, so I am feeling a deep sense of loss that he is no longer here with us–at least not on our dimension.
I am considering doing a bunch of character studies–fully rendered pencil drawings–like this one:
for inclusion in my summer sketchbook LEADWORKS. While I have my own favorite characters to draw, I thought I would throw it out to you, my fans, to get some ideas on what you would like to see me draw. If you have suggestions for any character from any media (films, comics, TV, media, etc.) just list them on either of my Facebook Fan Pages in the relevant thread here: http://facebook.com/davedormansstudio
and I will take them under consideration. If I use YOUR suggested character, I will be sure to credit your name with a special thanks on the related page in the new LEADWORKS 2014 book.
Thanks for reading and Happy Hump Day,
Here’s a poster explaining what I’ll be doing tonight – teaching drawing skills to children and pre-teens. If you would like to get some holiday shopping out the way, I will have a table set up for art sales and autographs after the teaching event.